MetaRing is actually a Prototype, so there are some small considerations that must be followed in order to be able to use it best:
Recommended Browser: Google Chrome
Screen resolution: actually, MetaRing natively supports a 1920x1080 pixel resolution (many will be available soon).
If your screen resolution is lower, you can decrease the zoom of the screen page so that it is pleasing
to the view.
Alright, let's start!
What you can do
MetaRing allows you to easily create and manage your Projects by simply classifying the main components of a System:
Are representations of all the information your System can exchange.
Represents what the System can do for the Users. They can accept simple Input and/or Output information, as texts or digits, or more complex like Data.
Another way to represent information, in a structured and limited form.
They help to keep the System structure tidy and easy to control. They are logical containers that classify and order Data, Functionalities, Enumerators and further
A basic example
The following video will show how to create a simple System containing the login Functionality accepting as Input a Data, called
loginRequest that contains classical attributes like username and password, and returns as Output the loggedUser, a Data representing the user that obtained
Everything is in the auth (authentication) Module:
- Everything starts creating the loginRequest Data and assigning it two textual Attributes: username and password;
- Next, the loggedUser Data will be created containing five textual Attributes: name, surname, username, email and token;
- Now it's time for the login Functionality, that receives loginRequest as Input returns a loggedUser as Output;
- Then it will be created the auth Module that will contain all the elements previously created;
- Now you can save the state of the Project and finally it is possible to generate its code.
Quick and simple!
Wanna try it? Contact us to obtain your access credentials.
With the next videos, you can explore all the features of MetaRing, and learn how to use it comfortably.
Currently supported languages: English and Italian. Before to log in, or once in the dashboard, it is possible to change the language. In the second case, the chosen language will be set as default for the account.
By clicking on your name on the top right, or on the menu bar that appears when you scroll down the page, you can enter into your user panel and change preferences such as your current name, last name, and password.
By clicking on the window expansion icon at the top right, you can set the entire working area without having to scroll through the page. It is also possible to reduce the menu to the left to further expand the working area.
Each element or sub-element has an editable description field that will compile project documentation.
Element creation can be done:
- by clicking on the Add button on each section of the home or within the category;
- using the "Add" button in the top bar and selecting the item you want;
- right-clicking on one of the tree modules and selecting the "Add" entry;
- via keyboard shortcut Alt + N (when in a section);
If you use the Alt + N shortcut when a Data or Enumerator is selected in the workspace area, you can add a new attribute or value.
Delete or move elements
It is possible to delete or move elements between modules:
- acting on the appropriate icon on each element;
- acting on the appropriate icon in the context pane;
- right-clicking on the tree element;
- through keyboard shortcuts on the selected item (DELETE to delete, Alt + M to move).
It's also possible to move items simply by dragging them inside the tree.
Undo, Redo and save
Every action on the Project is saved in the action history.
You can view details of each action by going over it with the mouse and perform undo or redo operations through the arrow buttons or by pressing CTRL + Z (undo) and
CTRL + Y (redo) keystrokes. With the Save button, the new version of the project will be sent to the server. It is also possible to place an optional note as a version label.
After save, actions are permanently set.
Recover and reload
If you close your working session without saving and then reopen the application, all unsaved actions will be restored. If you want to get the most up-to-date version on the server, just click on the Reload button (all unsaved
actions will be lost).
However, the job is lost if you log out and re-logs as another user.